At Srilankahalaltrips.com we strive to provide the best value to our travelers to assure that they get the best travel experience from us, in order for us to plan and design the trip we may require certain personal information regarding the passenger/s to provide the best experience for our customers. In doing so we are committed to ensure that whatever personal information has been disclosed to us is being treated with utmost confidentiality and isn’t shared with any unauthorized individuals.
- About Us
- What information we collect
- When we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Who has access to your data
- Credit Card Security
- Cookies Usage
- Your preferences
- Access your personal information
- Data Retention and Security
- How to contact us
1. About Us
Srilankahalaltrips.com is a unit of Figco Lanka Holidays Private Limited. Figco Lanka Holidays is a top-rated travel company in Sri Lanka’s tourism industry. Highly professional and topping performances among other Sri Lanka tour operators on travel agency business matters. Figco Lanka Holidays has a high reputation and is a member of the Association of Sri Lanka Inbound Tour Operators. The company has been officially approved by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority in Sri Lanka. For more information about us click here.
2. What information we collect
We collect personal data as part of providing services to you, the main types of data we collect include,
- Name including first name and last name, date of birth, gender and passport details
- Health information including medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable)
- Information about children
- Contact information including address and telephone information
- Payment information including credit/debit card details via secure payment gateways
- Online identifiers including IP address, operating system, email and social media
- Social preferences, interests and activities
If you provide us with details relating to other individuals, please ensure that you have those individuals’ consent to provide their personal data. It is your responsibility to make them aware that we will use those details for the purposes of the relevant services. Please direct them to this privacy notice if they require more information.
Occasionally we may use your personal information to help us identify relevant products which we believe would be of interest to you and we may communicate this via email, phone, WhatsApp or your postal address. However, if you do not wish to receive any such correspondence from us in future, you can opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the given email messages or send us an email to remove your personal information from our database. You can contact us using the contact information provided at the end of this policy to opt-out of phone and postal updates, and if you decide to subscribe later you can opt-in to these services through our website.
We never sell or rent your personal information to third parties and we shall only use the data you provide for the reasons which we clearly mention to you. We will update your information whenever we can to ensure its correct, up-to-date and complete.
Some information is necessary in order to provide you with the service you expect, if you do not provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to offer you the required services.
3. When we collect your data
We will collect your personal data when:
- You ask for a quote over the phone or website form
- You made a booking of our tour pacakge
- You make enquiries through website or email
- You purchase our products and services or those provided by our service partners
- You make general enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You respond to communications or surveys
- You make a complaint
- You ask for assistance
- You are notified of any changes to your booking or emergency situations
- To Ask for feedback on our services
- Keep you informed of our latest offers and products.
- Provide assistance to you for completing a purchase including taking payment, providing payment confirmation and sending you an invoice.
- To tackle any fraud or error related issues which need to be identified for compliance or regulatory reporting needs.
- You are informed about services which we suggest may be interesting to you including the use of email newsletters or printed material to your postal address.
4. How we use your data
Your personal data is used to fulfill our obligations to you, which include:
- To provide you with a quote
- To Book your tour
- To Discuss travel arrangements
- To send you the requested information
- To Send you e-marketing or relevant information
- To Notify you of any changes or amendments to your booking
- To Notify you of emergencies
- To Provide you with a seamless service and up to date information
- Completing your purchase including taking payment, providing payment confirmation and sending you your invoice.
5. Who has access to your data
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information inside the Srilankahalaltrips.com and the group for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, for the purposes of our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyze trends and further improve our service to you.
- When we act on your behalf for booking travel related services, we may provide certain personal information to the relevant parties (suppliers & contractors) involved in order to complete your booking. In such circumstances, we have no control over how they may use, disclose or store your personal information.
6. Credit card security
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- Srilankahalaltrips.com does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction's acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
7. Cookie Usage
We use a minimal number of cookies on our website, cookies are harmless when used responsibly. Some of the cookies which we may use on our website are listed below but not restricted to,
- Universal Analytics cookies
- Double Click cookies
- Facebook cookies
- Tawk cookies (for live chat)
After visiting our site, you may see ads for srilankahalaltrips.com on other websites which is called Google remarketing which we may use for advertising purposes. You can edit your preferences or turn off remarketing here. If you do not want your visit to be accessible via Google Analytics, you can opt out here.
If you wish to disable cookies
For more information about cookies, head to www.aboutcookies.org
Changing your mind after you've accepted our cookies
Changing your mind after you've accepted our cookies
8. Your preferences
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
10. Access your personal information
You have the ability to request us to update any incomplete, outdated or inaccurate information about you or request any changes to your information.
However, under certain circumstances, we may not be able to give you access to your personal information if it interferes with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality; and if it does happen we will keep you informed on the reasons of the refusal.
11. Data Retention and Security
12. How to contact us
You can contact our Privacy Officer by:
- Calling us on +94-312280000
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- By post to following address:-
- Privacy Officer of Srilankahalaltrips.com,
- Figco Lanka Holidays Pvt. Ltd.
- 742/1/2, Chilaw Road, Kattuwa,
- Negombo. Sri Lanka
Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your query to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Last Updated 26th July 2018